- Acne: Acne is a major problem in oily skin that occurs when bacteria or other dirt particles become accumulate at skin pores. Sebum glands of our body release sebum to protect the skin. Other platelets and White blood cells also gathered there which appear as pimples. Hormonal changes are also a major contributor to acne problems.
- Hyperpigmentation: hyperpigmentation is also known as skin darkening. It occurs due to the overproduction of Melanin. Direct exposure to sunlight and UV rays is a major cause of skin darkening.
- Hypopigmentation: Hypopigmentation is the loss of skin color. It occurs when our body doesn’t produce enough melanin to support skin color. It also occurs due to genetic defects.
- Skin Aging: Aging is an irreversible process but several treatments can reduce the effect of aging. As the skin ages, there is a loss of elasticity and smoothness.
- Dry Skin (Xerosis): Xerosis is the loss of hydration and moisture. It may be due to long- term exposure to harsh skin products and less humidity in the environment.
- Scars and Keloids: Scars may occur due to damage or infection to the skin and acne. Mostly scars and keloids are healed by natural healing process but different treatments can reduce the time of healing.
These skincare products are formulated with active ingredients designed to address specific skin concerns and provide a range of benefits:
- Moisturization: Proper hydration is very important for maintaining healthy skin. Different products contain glycerin, Aloe Vera, and other natural ingredients that can lock moisture in the skin.
- Sunscreen: UV radiation from the sun causes different skin problems. Sunscreen and different face masks make a layer on the skin that can reduce the effect of these radiations.
- Anti-Aging Agents: Antioxidants (e.g., vitamin C and E), peptides, and retinoic acids can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, boost collagen production, and improve the texture of the skin.
- Acne Control: Legumes, cereals, and berries contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide that helps in acne control. Medically prescribed medicines are also helpful in controlling acne problems.
- Brightening creams: Different brightening creams can help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots because they contain Vitamin C, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids.
- Exfoliating Agents: Different scrubs and masks contain physical or chemical exfoliants (e.g., AHAs and BHAs) that help remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and promote smoother and brighter skin.
- Soothing and Calming: Some cosmetics products like tinted moisturizers contain calming ingredients like aloe Vera or chamomile, which can reduce redness and irritation and give an even tone.
- Makeup Removal: Makeup should be removed properly because it may cause different skin problems like irritation, soreness, and pimples. Rinse your face with water and avoid harsh scrubbing. Different makeup removals are available in the market like oil cleansers, cleaning wipes, and cotton pads.
- Lip Care Products: Different lip balms and lip serums are available in the market which can hydrate and nourish the lips, preventing dryness and chapping.
- Serums: Serums are concentrated forms of different ingredients. They contain hydrating, anti-aging, and skin-brightening agents. They can be applied by mixing with other brightening creams.
- Eye Creams: Eye creams are specially designed to reduce dark circles, puffiness, and inflammation around the delicate areas of the eye.